jeudi 3 janvier 2008

some r&b with your r&r

our first ever edition of r&b r&r. you know that one energy drink that you can't live without? how about your latest buy from sephora that hasn't left your purse? those new loubs that seem permanently glued to your feet? well, r&b r&r will take you into the heart and mind of two bloggers who have their healthy obsessions...


Cosmetics that makes us B-E-A-Utiful

riley dearest
stila lip glaze in peach: perfect with any color palette, this little baby goes everywhere. swipe it on, and you've got the perfect gloss to go where ever you're getting off to with class.

&

Princess Bianca:
Sephora's Triple Action Mascara: I have stumps for eyelashes, yet this amazing mascara in ultra black makes me look like my cousin with inch long eyelashes. Freaky, I know.
Benetint Pocket Pal: Gloss. Tint. All in one. On the go. No wonder it's called a pocket pal.


collections that are simply flawless

riley, oh my!
bcbg max azria.
their fall collection at NY fashion week was the perfect blend of haunting, witchy shapes and calm, neutral colors. the combonation of the two spoke for itself, barely needing the accessories of gauzy shawls and double-wrapped belts. lets just say that if the wicked witch of the west wore anything form this collection, oz would be very different.

&

Biancybabyy
Nina Ricci.
Notice how my favorite dress has pleats in it? ahhh never-the-less every collection that Nina Ricci comes out with is the epitome of femininity and luxury. The designs are stunning and can make even your grandmother look like the hottest thing ever. *cue music: You're so Damn Hot by OKGo)


Modern Designers that we fantacize over:

riley so smiley
Philip Lim
what can i say? he's amazing. he was the runner up for the CFDA vogue fashion fund, but i would give him a gold medal any day. his navy white shift dress with red brocading? i will own it one day.

&

Bianca Lagerfeld
Alexander McQueen.
edgy. sophisticated. amazing. pretty much, I want Alexander McQueen's babies. How can you resist McQueen and his amazing skull scarves? I need one like a fat kid needs cake.


The most memorable trend of oh seven

Arrrr
tailored coats. a la burberry prorsum, with boxy shoulders, detailed cuffs, and crested lapels. pretty much perfection when paired with some light jodhpurs and a ruffled blouse.

&

Bee
Gray clad. I think that the edgiest outfits were gray skinnies, a gray top, and gray loubs. Then bright bangles and hats make it pop. ahh those were the good days.


What we want in oh eight

R: i'm really hoping for lots and lots of white, and then bright pops of saturated, bright colors, with mini boleros with pop-art warhol-esque floral prints. you'll see me running in my cork espadrilles to snatch some love stories and siwy optic white cropped jeans. YUM.

&

B: I want femininity to be the new black. Gone are the days of menswear and oxfords, and in are the days when of lace and pink! I can't wait to find some wedges and floral prints. I also can't wait to get my cocktail ring covered hands on some high waisted short and some wide legged jeans.


Our 'it' fragrances

R: i'd have to say missoni. i got it as a free sample as sephora, and it smells like intense love.

&

B: Chance by Chanel. It's fresh, fun, and classy. Like Chanel. duh.


The buys we can't live without

R: marc jacobs soft faridah in poppy. do you need a brown paper bag, i hear hyper-ventilating.

&

B: Louboutin wedges. what else do you need in life?


Our 'it' models

R: Natalia Vodianova. After three kids, she still looks stellar. she breaks the mold of the pretty, mysterious, mouth-slightly-open model. she's strange, different, and absolutely appealing.


&

B Sasha Pivovarova. She is stunning, and eccentric, and I love how her look is soft, yet piercing. Her face stays with my forever. Especially since I taped it onto my closet.


factoids about The Riley
age: 15
what I want to be: a writer for magazines
inspired by: french vogue
icrave: melted mary janes and raspberry white tea
fun fact: i rarely type with capitals, and i've moved eight times
next destination: morocco

About the most amazing Bianca
age: 15
what I want to be: an actress
inspired by: nylon
icrave: caramilk bars and tazo tea
fun fact: I was in a movie at the age of 10
next destination: nyc to see Legally Blonde the Musical

5 commentaires:

The Stylish Wanderer a dit…

oh my, too long a post to read. but good concept.

Jenine Nerecina a dit…

max azria <33333333 :]

R & B a dit…

yeah, some people have a hard time reading a lot of substance without pictures. :P

and yes, bcbg m.a. is my boyfriend

Stephanie a dit…

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that bcbg max azria and nini ricci aren't couture lines. Interesting idea for a post though.

R & B a dit…

excuser moi?